Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Keeping Busy

We're in the age group that's been told to stay home no matter what. This sounded like fun on Monday, but it's Wednesday and it's already getting old. 

The weather had been beautiful and the neighborhood is a riot of blooms, so we've gone on walks every day this week. I'm happy to say that, despite my recently diagnosed chronic lung disease,  I can still climb a rather steep hill without undue distress. The hill comes at the beginning of our 1.8 mile walk. Actually, my husband avoids the hill. He and Dilly-Dog meet me down at the corner. He's still recovering from knee-replacement surgery three months ago.  He has a tendency to overdo it, and so he's overdone the walking and bike riding recently and his knee has told him about it. So, for now, he's skipping the hill.

Yesterday we filled out the 2020 census form on line. It took less than 10 minutes. Our ever-nosy government originally tried to include a question on citizenship, but the courts wouldn't have it. Still, the form asked way too many questions to my way of thinking about various racial and national origins--especially Hispanic. 

9 comments:

  1. A nice walk in a quiet area is a great way to kill some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local park has been busy, too. Cabin fever is going to be a real thing soon enough. Glad you can get out for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still are knee deep in snow, your walk sounds lovely. I am personally enjoying self isolation and knowing I am helping self lives helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not looked into the census business yet. That could keep me going for an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself. If they get to a point where no one is allowed to go anywhere, people like me who live alone are going to go bonkers.
    I have the census sitting here, haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the email saying I could fill out the census online, the day after I mailed the paper one. made me mad, I would rather do the online, but it is done and that is that. we are doing what you are doing, walking and cleaning house and taking dips in the pool... I don't have anywhere I need to go but I want to go, which is different

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be interesting what we find to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for you doing those uphill walks!

    ReplyDelete