Thursday, March 17, 2016

Little Things Make Me Happy

The shower curtain liner has gotten grimier and grimier over the years. Still serviceable, but oh, so ugly, with rust stains and splotches of mildew. I pictured myself on the driveway this summer, dealing with the mess. I'd put on my grungies, spread the white plastic liner on the driveway and spray it with a chlorine-based cleaner. I'd ignore the stares of the neighbors.

Mind you, I don't like using chlorine. It's bad for the environment, or so I'm told, but it's also something I know I should never ever fool around with. No matter how careful I am with the stuff, I inevitably end up destroying a favorite piece of clothing when I use it. Don't know why. Don't know how. White spots just happen.

That's why I am so happy with a recent discovery. After a shower, I sprayed the liner with that daily shower cleaner I use when I think of it. I rubbed a notebook-sized area lightly and the grime just disappeared.

So I don't have to take it down.

I don't have to spread it out on the driveway and clean off the leaves and grass adhering to the backside afterwards.

 I don't have to mess around with dangerous substances.

I don't have to mutter and swear when I'm rehanging the liner and miss one of the shower hooks. (They're the devil to open and close.)

I'll just clean a little patch of the liner every time I take a shower from now on. Kind of like painting the San Francisco Bay Bridge. It's a job that never ends. I am so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment