Friday, December 24, 2010

Finally, a Normal Christmas

In 2008, Mom died on December 20th. Last year, I was hobbling around with a walker at Christmas, recovering from a fractured femur. 

Things didn't look too promising for this year's Christmas. After two months of worrisome abdominal pain, our daughter had surgery yesterday at 4:30 PM. It was no emergency, but the doctor wanted to get it over with before Christmas.  She was able to come home last night and says she is "happy as a clam" today. 

Our grandson's two-month-old health problem has also resolved itself. After an ultrasound and a visit to a pediatric urologist, he's been told to drink more water and pee more than twice a day. 

I missed choir practice last night, because we didn't leave the hospital until 7 PM. I'm going to sing at both the early and midnight services anyway. I think I know the music well enough.

Tomorrow everyone's coming to our house for dinner.

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we're both having a normal Christmas this year!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and your family! It does feel good when things are normal!!

    Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, stay healthy, all of you. You have to start with that.

    A "normal Christmas"?? I hope everyone had fun. That's what it's all about.

    Merry, Happy, Joyous with family and/or friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that things are better this Christmas. Especially that grandchild getting good news. Personally, I look forward with much anticipation to bringing in 2011!

    God bless and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it was a great Christmas. And what is normal anyway?

    Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad it was a calmer Christmas for you this year!

    ReplyDelete