Wednesday, July 29, 2009

She Started It

Our niece and her family were going to Cleveland for a reunion of the Polish relatives on her dad's side. She wrote, "Did you hear the one about the frog who traced his roots to Warsaw? He was a tad Polish."

No way could I just let that go. I e-mailed a reply. "Did you hear the one about the mad scientist who cobbled together a frog-monster out of bat wings, an "eye of newt" and other odds and ends? His name was Dr. Frogenstein."

Almost immediately another pun bubbled up in my sick brain, so I sent a second e-mail: "Did you hear the one about Frogbert McNamara? They made a documentary about him called "The Frog of War."

It's an illness. I'm sorry, but we can't help it.

5 comments:

  1. Long Suffering FriendJuly 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

    A frog is outgrowing his lily pad and decides to make some home improvements. He doesn't have the money, so he hops to the bank to borrow some.

    At the bank, he takes a seat at loan officer Patricia Black's desk and explains his dilemma.

    "I want to upgrade my lily pad, maybe add another window, but I don't have the cash. Can you lend me the money?"

    "Maybe. What can you offer as collateral?"

    "Well," says the frog. "All I have is this paperweight. You shake it up, and it snows on the little village. Cute, huh?"

    "Hmm . . . I'll have to speak to my manager." She enters her manager's office.

    "Mr. Bitterby, I've got a frog at my desk who wants to borrow money for lily pad improvements. But all he can offer for collateral is this glass paperweight."

    Mr. Bitterby takes the paperweight, hefts it in his hand, looks at her and says, "It's a knick-knack, Patty Black, give the frog a loan."

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!! What have I done to deserve this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love puns. Yours are very clever. I especially like the Frog of War.

    ReplyDelete