Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Story of My Life as a Failed Multi-tasker

I was so proud of myself yesterday morning.

The Tree Hugger was away, so I filled the feeders for "his" flock of 500-plus wild birds and threw seeds on the ground for the mourning doves, a passel of obnoxious squirrels, and Mr. and Mrs. Mallard. Fed the indoor fish, the pit bull, and the tuxedo cat. Scooped out her two litter boxes (one's on "her" screened porch), made the bed, got breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, folded two loads of laundry and managed to get into my churchy clothes for a late-morning funeral before our 6-year-old grandson arrived at 7:30 AM. (His school was still on spring break.) Wrote a couple of letters, paid some bills, read a book about bats with the grandson. Just before leaving for the funeral, I brushed my teeth. Then we set out in the pouring rain. Dropped him off at his other grandmother's, drove to church, found a parking space, found my umbrella in the cargo space (a small miracle in itself), nimbly avoided puddles and streams and arrived at our church with ten minutes to spare.

Took off my coat, settled down to listen to the organ prelude, and noticed dried toothpaste all down the front of my dark, silky blouse.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still proud of you. That's more than I could have accomplished. lol. Hope you just kept your coat shut, so nobody was the wiser. HA! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well, nothing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have the ability to laugh at yourself!

    It does sound like a very busy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee. I've done that with toothpaste and with coffee as well.

    ReplyDelete