Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Today is two weeks post surgery. The visiting nurse will remove the staples this afternoon. I am told it's simple and painless, but I've had my doubts after seeing what a staple remover does to a piece of paper.

I had surgery to insert a hip-to-knee titanium-alloy rod to stabilize my fractured right femur on December 3rd. I was due to be transferred to the hospital's rehabilitation department on Sunday, December 6th, but no bed was available. On Monday, the physical therapist asked me if I would be willing to continue therapy at home. YES!

We didn't get home until around 8 PM. I was ready to fall into bed. Brushing my teeth for the first time in a week with my beloved electric toothbrush, I was surprised that the toothpaste tasted so awful. "Oh, well, " I thought, "maybe the Oxycodone I'm on is making it taste funny." The next morning I saw that I had brushed my teeth with hydrocortisone cream. YUK!

3 comments:

  1. Lol. At least your teeth won't hurt. I hope your recuperation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer for your recovery.

    And the toothpaste story has me shuddering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your poor mouth.

    Hope the pt goes well at home!

    ReplyDelete