Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Our 58th


This is a bouquet our older daughter and family gave us for our 58th wedding anniversary.  We've had 58 years to roam about seeking new adventures as we pleased, but lately our lives--like those of so many--have some to resemble the titles of novels by Gabriel Garcia Marquez--"One Hundred Days of Solitude", "Love in the Time of Coronavirus."  Today Phil asked, "Are we going to be confined to the house for the next two years of our lives?" Thanks to the fumbling efforts of Agent Orange to "control" the virus, it looks like that may be the case.  Both of us have "underlying conditions."  He has high blood pressure, and I have IPF, a chronic lung disease. Nevertheless, it's going to be a happy anniversary.

I see that Dilly-dog managed to get into the photo.  Well, I more or less captured the bouquet. I can concentrate on only one thing at a time.

13 comments:

  1. I did not even notice the photobombing Dilly Dog until I read your comment I had to go back and look and found him in the corner. I have many pictures that have dogs hidden in the corners. I love those sunflowers happy 58 anniversary. The good thing about us as we never went anywhere anyway so we don't really notice the difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. I think many of us will find that we had stuff to keep us occupied during these times. I hope it won't take two years for things to get under control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a nice peaceful photo, and happy anniversary. Agent Orange! Haha. That is a new one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrads on 58 years. One of my Aunt and Uncle made 70 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. That's a long time. Beautiful bouquet. Nice dog butt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary.

    Agent Orange....that's a new one. Don't get me started on the current occupant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't, because we need to save our energy to roll this piece of rotten fruit out the door.

      Delete
  8. Happy 58th anniversary! July 14th would have been my Dad's birthday so it is a special day overall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 58th Anniversary. Wow.... 58th. That is really appreciable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary. Love both the bouquet and Dilly Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete